I know, I'm getting terrible lax about posting - and there's really no excuse. A lot's been happening and I feel as though I'm beginning to gain a clearer picture of where I should be going in life. First of all, I'm off to London tomorrow for the next module of the course. It's throwing up more surprises than I expected - some very interesting books that have really given me food for thought. Never expected that. From there, I'm off up north for a few days to see Mum again. Hadn't planned that but she's sounding very wearing, fighting one cold after another and could do with a bit of cheering up. We might go to the coast for a day or two to one of my favourite places that I've been longing to see for a year or more. So that's an added incentive. If that doesn't transpire, I'll just go and do the daughterly thing and check out what's going on. She turned 75 this year and it seems to have been one of those 'landmark' birthdays. It was the same with 60. Suddenly she was not just a little bit older but a whole lot older...
I said my prayers for New Orleans this evening - see Rachel's blog - but inadvertently discovered (by typing 'New Orleans, prayers, healing' into google) that Bush has an official Presidential Prayer Team. I should be glad - he probably means it well - but somehow, this mingling of prayer and politics (from someone who so patently doesn't give a damn) sickened me and took the edge off my own little attempt at contacting the Almghty. My prayer, I fear, was a feable little thing.
For those patient souls who come back here from time to time, this post is a warning that it'll probably be another week before I post again. Now I'm here, looking at the screen, there are quite a few little issues that I remember I wanted to raise. Well, they'll have to wait. I'm starving for a piece of hot buttered toast and then there's dear Bud who I'll be missing for a week. It's hug time... See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment