I'm back in Amsterdam. Badly in need of a week's holiday just lying on a beach in the Caribbean! (To those of you who've not followed the story - Bud and I have just come back from two weeks in Aruba, a tiny island off the coast of Venezuela in the Dutch Caribbean). It's cold and grey here and Bud's in bed trying to shake of the flu which floored him for two days on his sunny/abnormally rainy homeland. When it rains there, boy does it rain!
We've had an amazing two weeks. Very intense, sometimes not like a holiday - but, in the end, a holiday after all simply because we've been in another world. And we've had one once-in-a-lifetime evening - a meeting with Bud's cousin from his father's side - which was so extraordinary that it would have truly been worth it to go to Aruba just for that one evening alone. A mystery about Bud's family history - a scandal that we suspected but never thought would be revealed - was cleared up on that evening. And other pieces of the jigsaw puzzle may fall into place soon if we can meet up with an elderly aunt of his who, by chance, is in Holland this week; she's due to leave next weekend. The whole story would make a fantastic novel. I can't go into detail (don't want to lose my bestseller...) and we've been asked to be discreet out of respect for the families involved. Intriguing. More later..
Now I have to work out how to get some of my pics from the new camera - I chose the Pentax Optio S50 in the end - off the memory card into the blog. So watch this spot!
1 comment:
Welcome back!!
Post a Comment